i just got my new miracles 3/4 inch starfire glass tank
which magnetic algae glass cleaner doesn’t scratch starfire and can work on 3/4 inch glass
i am planning barebottom again so no sand
which would you guys get if money is not a factor?
anyone have any with zero scratches on their tanks

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I think all magnet algae cleaners can and will eventually scratch glass. A lot of owners say that Starphire will scratch even easier and it's not always about sand caught in-between the magnets because I have scratches on the outside glass as well.
I would look at these sleeves cause Alfie swears by them even though they're more for acrylic tanks, probably will order them for myself just to see if Alfie is the real deal Lol.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
They're the real deal, so is Alfie. LOL

Ever since I saw them at Alfie's house I've been using them and the results, easier to remove tough algae and not scratching the glass/acrylic, make them a must item, plus they last forever. They fit over all different kinds of magnets too, as I have Tunze and the large magna Float. You can also get them directly for the place that makes them in California.

Last edited:

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Tunze

Starfire, low iron glass, definitely scratches easier than regular glass

The low iron makes the glass a little softer

Clearer but softer

kanm123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tunze care magnet line is incredible and has not scratched anything in my experience. Especially with a bare bottom, you will be perfectly well suited for the Tunze

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: