• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? On this weeks reading to download, all the fonts are HUGE. I have tried on two different computers, get the same thing. It prints the same way, only the first 6 to 8 words from the left hand margin get printed per line.

(I would whine about all this, but so far the course has been more than worth the headaches. And the only people to complain to have been struggling with twice the headaches trying to remedy all this. Thanks to all the MACO folks for hanging in there.)

A

Anonymous

If you are printing from your browser you know nothing rarely comes out like it should. A browser is pretty reliant on the resolution your moniter is set on becuase a print from it is basically a screen shot.

I do recommend using pmview (www.pmview.com) It's a nice program and it's free/shareware.

Bill

A

Anonymous

Guys, they are huge because when you scan at a high res, the 100% print size if somwhere areoun 21" across. i did this so you guys can scale, compress or whatever to make the m readable. Any graphic program, graphic viewer, etc, should have a simple edit command to resize to whatever size you want..when you reduce their size, you will not lose resolution, the picture will get sharper...but, every time I tried to do it for you guys, someone couldn't read it...so now, it's up to you!!! They are readable, you set the print size, resolution or compression to suit your needs.

Eric

A

Anonymous

I had already downloaded the PMView file at work. Guess I was hoping it would work automatically. Now I am at home and just downloaded it here but cannot figure out how to make it work. I'm sure it's just something simple that I'm overlooking...but if someone can help out a non-techie.

A

Anonymous

They're so huge, you can't print them and it's extremely difficult to try and read them online scrolling back nad forth, gives me a headache. Surely there's some way to make these smaller, anyone have any ideas? I hate complaining about this too since poor Bill has been handling all the problems, which have been many.

Janna

A

Anonymous

Use that pmview program that ATJ posted about earlier. It's basically a graphics program but it will also allow you to print from it to full page size which it will make nice full page printouts of the graphics files in question...

Here's a link to the pmview download:

http://www.pmview.com/download.html

Try that out for size...

Shane

A

Anonymous

HiHCoz: all this computer gizmo's is hi tech to me also! Anyhow here's my shot @ pmview.First the article(gif's)have to be downloaded into a file. Once you have pmview loaded,click on icon,click on open file,click the file with your article and open.click on article to view,then open and voila..your article @large scale.click on view,then zoom,then 1:3 scale and you get a normal page view.Actually I found it clearer when printed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: