A

Anonymous

I notice that Carden Wallace's Staghorn Corals of the World is available in book and CDROM.

Does anyone have the CDROM version and can comment on whether it is as good or better than the book version? Obviously the book version is good as you can sit anywhere around the house and read it
smile.gif

It is interesting that the Amazon review talks about 113 species of Acropora when Veron (2000) lists nearly 200.

A fortunate thing for us Aussies is that while Amazon have the book and CDROM listed for US$120 and US$100 respectively, we can get them from the UNSW Bookshop for AU$133.65 and AU$118.80. Currently US$1 buys more than AU$2, so we can get them for less than US$67 and US$60. respectively.

------------------
ATJ's Marine Aquarium Site

A

Anonymous

So are you saying we people in the USA can order that book for only approx $67? And do they take international orders?

Shane

A

Anonymous

Shane,
Well I wasn't actually saying that, but I guess you could ask them if they take international orders. I was more commenting on the fact that for once we could get some books cheaper.

------------------
ATJ's Marine Aquarium Site

A

Anonymous

International shipping for that book store is about 8.75 USD per book. Sweet! Just ordered mine!

A

Anonymous

For those of you who do not need an Acropora Guide of this magnitude or cost, try this:

Acropora Staghorn Corals: A "getting to know you" and identification guide. Also by Carden Wallace and Michael Aw.

Small but great book with lots of color phots and a key. Perfect for most purposes except the serious geeks.

Also very inexpensive. 128 pp.

available from www.OceanNEnvironment.com.au

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: