A

Anonymous

Hi, all,
I have been planning for the chat times set at the time I enrolled:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
posted 03 February 2001 07:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have set the discussion session times. They will be:
Wednesday, 8PM EST

and

Sunday, 9PM EST

For the duration of the course. We have designed the course so that there will be one lecture handout/download per week, and TWO discussion sessions. That way if you can't make it to one session, you can attend the other, so as not to get behind.

HTH
James Wiseman

------------------
Reefs.org Channel Operator

IP
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did this change? I have a conflict with both new chat times:
Wed 9pm est, Sun 1PM est.

I just did a search of all the discussion postings I could find & haven't found info about them being changed. The thread that I got the above quote from hasn't been updated. Anyone reading it will be misled.

I guess at this point, I'll only be able to record the sessions via mirc? (Sorry for ignorance... I'm new to chatting.)

Brittlestar

[This message has been edited by Brittlestar (edited 12 March 2001).]

A

Anonymous

Brittlestar.

When we found out that we had quite a few students in Australia as well as Europe, we found that we needed to change ONE of the chat times to the "afternoon" here in the states.

If we leave then in the evening, then the chats would be at approx 2am for ppl in Europe, and it would not be fair to have BOTH chats at 2am.

I made the call when I took a look at who is enrolled and where they are located. Then I sent out that email.

If you can't make EITHER of the chats, why don't you suggest another time for one of the chats (needs to work for EU and OZ as well) and we'll see if we can make a change to keep everyone happy.

Cheers
James Wiseman

PS, please post these types of questions in the Coral Biology for Reef Enthusiasts Forum. I am closing it here and moving it there.

A

Anonymous

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamesw:
Brittlestar.

When we found out that we had quite a few students in Australia as well as Europe, we found that we needed to change ONE of the chat times to the "afternoon" here in the states.

If we leave then in the evening, then the chats would be at approx 2am for ppl in Europe, and it would not be fair to have BOTH chats at 2am.

I made the call when I took a look at who is enrolled and where they are located.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm all for ensuring that all can participate.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
Then I sent out that email.

Was I on the recipient list of that email? I don't believe that I have gotten any emails that have discussed chat times. (I checked my in box back to 2/9/01.) I show that I have received emails from you about MACO twice since 2/9 (on 2/19 and 3/7). Neither mentioned chat times. Should I have received other emails than these two? By the way, the only way I found out that chat times had changed was during a discussion last night on #maco.

If you can't make EITHER of the chats, why don't you suggest another time for one of the chats (needs to work for EU and OZ as well) and we'll see if we can make a change to keep everyone happy.
Thanks for the offer. How about the original (as far as I can tell) scheduled time of 8:00 PM est for Wednesday. That I can do. I would be very appreciative of all if that's possible. I can find other times, too, if needed.
PS, please post these types of questions in the Coral Biology for Reef Enthusiasts Forum. I am closing it here and moving it there.
Sorry about posting it "publicly." I keep getting messed up when I try to interpret intent of forum titles like: "MACO Questions / Suggestions / Feedback."
wink.gif

Thanks, James, for your patience and your efforts.
Brittlestar

[This message has been edited by Brittlestar (edited 12 March 2001).]

A

Anonymous

Well, since you're asking the Students to change the chat time, I thought this would be the place for it.

I changed the chat times and posted it here on the discussion boards and on the MACO website. I did not email each individual student.

I can't speak for the other students, but I don't think they will be too happy about changing the Wednesday chat time to the afternoon, as most of us are at work then. Since most ppl are home on Sunday afernoon, that seemed like a good time to have a chat that European and OZ reefers could attend.

We'll have to wait for feedback from teh other students about changing the chat times. I suggest you start a new post asking them.

James

------------------

A

Anonymous

James didnt you say the chats will be logged and posted for those who cant make it. Maybe that will help Brittlestar out.

Dave

A

Anonymous

Can Wed 9 PM est be changed to Wed 8 PM est (as it was originally planned)?
Brittlestar

A

Anonymous

Brittlestar,
I agree it was confusing and I did post on this forum the moment I found out - which was while James was updating the information.

James,
I don't think there will be anyone from Oz joining the Sunday afternoon chats. They will be anywhere from midnight to 5am on Monday mornings (depending in timezone and DST status). I don't think any Oz people would have a problem with moving the Wednesday evening chat back to 8pm as was originally posted.

------------------
ATJ's Marine Aquarium Site

A

Anonymous

James...if your looking for opinions 8pm EST on Wednesdays would certainly be okay with me.

Dan

A

Anonymous

OK, let's do it. I'll ask Eric to move the discussion to EIGHT PM EASTERN on wednesdays.

Cheers
James

------------------

A

Anonymous

Hi, James,
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamesw:
OK, let's do it. I'll ask Eric to move the discussion to EIGHT PM EASTERN on wednesdays.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I very much appreciate this. Thanks.

Dave, ATJ, and Dan, Thanks for your help & suggestions.

See you Wednesday.
Brittlestar

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: