cbgillispie

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have long accepted the fact that there are bristle worms in my system. I have used a arrow crab to keep the population under control. The problem is one bristleworm has avoided detection for too long. What I have discovered is the mother of all Bristleworms. I have only seen a portion of him and that was enough. It was a good 12 inches with plenty more behind. Hoping someone has a tip to remove this guy. What I have been considering is pulling all my rock out and placing it in buckets with a high salt content to force him out. This will take a awile so Im hoping someone has other ideas less drastic.

Thanks

ChrisRD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, most bristleworms are harmless, so I wouldn't worry too much. If he's not bothering anything there's really no need to remove him.

If you're not comfortable with having a really large bristleworm in your tank you can always purchase, or make a bristleworm trap to catch and remove him. Also, you might be able to grap him with a large pair of tweezers when he's out feeding.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: