harper

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was toying with the idea of getting a ca reactor going on my 15 gal. (true gal. with sump is about 25 gal.) Currently im using 23 ml of b-ionic a day. What i am really wondering is if the ca usage of the system will be to small to get the ca reactor dialed in. Is there a minimum for running a ca reactor? It would seem to me one could only turn down CO2 so far, but would my system use at least that much associated caco3? Any advice would be great. thanks,
harper

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I think that is a great idea/ anything to reduce maintenance in nanos is welcomed here! I do feel that you can adjust the output of your reactor to match the uptake of the system. Nothing a series of Ca+ tests over the course of a week won't adjust. Your CO2 input can be turned down to the point of little solubility, then your reactor media would be just like our aragonite substrate and go nowhere due to the saturation of the surrounding water column. So, if your bring the pH down slightly, just enough to induce the media into solution, you should have slight rises in your calcium and carbonate levels, enough to meet your weekly demand as your tests reveal.

I havent seen that small reactor you were talking about--I want one too. going to go look at it now....

b429

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: