A

Anonymous

I have two sebea clowns I was wondering if this kind of anemone would take them in as a host; I also would like to know if they are hardy and what to look out fo when one purchases these creatures.Thanks

A

Anonymous

Check the reefs.org library has some info on anenomes. I think consensus on board has been not a great choice for a tank due to high mortality rates, some people are lucky and some are not. If you decide to get , remember they tend to move and get sucked up into jets

A

Anonymous

I do not agree. LTAs are one of the best
types of anenomes you can keep. Yes, they can be sucked into powerheads if you place them improperly, as can any anenome.
LTAs need a deep sand bottom, good circulation, and moderate to strong lighting.
I have kept one in a 10 gallon work tank for 1 year and it is still thriving. The tank uses PC's (2 x 28watt).
They do prefer a clownfish which seems to keep them healthier. Sebae clowns would probably adopt a LTA, but the natural partner is a pink skunk clown. I have also seen tomato clowns go into LTAs although tomatos are very aggressive and not a clownfish I usually recommend if you have passive fish.

John

A

Anonymous

I would do some reading before buying -
A major key to success seems to be buying a healthy one to begin with - I have a large LTA and it has been adopted by Clarke Clowns , but I haven'y had it long enough to feel " secure " yet .

------------------

jdd

A

Anonymous

I had a Zebra Long Tentacled anemone that was pink and while, it was wicked. I belive it is a universal host. When I got it it was about 6 inch in diameter. 8 months later it was about 10 in diameter. I put some sand in one day, he moved around to it, got caught up in the current and drifted right into a RIO. I can email you a picture if ya like.

Anemone purree and happy serpent stars. Get a sponge filter for it or something along those lines.

I've heard that people who use tap water have much better luck that RO users when it come to anemones.

I have a Orange Foot Sebae and a purple tipped sebae in my tank right now. Right after the LT anemone got purreed, the Orange Foot increased in diameter.

Iodine is useful, look in Delbeek/Sprung TRA1. Good for softies and mushies too.

I'm having great luck. Both anemones left hit the 1 year mark in March.

------------------
My wallet lies at the bottom of my reef.

A

Anonymous

Lta are great anemones they are not very difficult to keep for an anemone , but i find the easiest to kkep is a bubble tip anemone. They usually loose there tentacles in captivity though. i have a 10g reef with a some soft corals and an anemone. True percs ususally go in them , but am not sure about yours if this is you firstanemone i would try a bubble first then move to along or saebe

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: