emmanuel1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is wrong with my candy coral it apears to have a blister comming out of 2 heads I had it 6 inches from the surface of the water and there was a 150 hqi bulb 8 inches above the water

Attachments

• 100_0003.jpg
    100_0003.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,691

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your caulastrea may be showing what we call polyp bail-out, which is nothing to worry about. If you see something gooey around those polyps you may have a bacterial infection, which will need to be treated. Keep us posted.

emmanuel1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had moved it lower in the tank yesterday thinking it might have been to close to the lights I just checked and it looks normal do you think I can place it back up top about 6 inches from the waters surface

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
emmanuel":2flbgwdx said:
I had moved it lower in the tank yesterday thinking it might have been to close to the lights I just checked and it looks normal do you think I can place it back up top about 6 inches from the waters surface

It is always wise to change a coral's position, especially when established, very slowly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: