A

Anonymous

I have two cleaner shrimp with lots and loads of green eggs!! They always have them under their tail. Every two weeks they produce new eggs. Do these eggs ever hatch? And if they do I guess it would be impossible to see or capture the micro-babies!! I think I just answered my own? Anyway if anyone has had sucess with these little critters, let me know!!
Thanks

A

Anonymous

The egg hatch just after dark in my tank once every 10 days to two weeks. The fishes goes wild at this time and eat it all in a few minutes. Those that was not eaten was destroy by the fitering system. I don't have a skimmer on my tank, just return pumps. None of the larve ever survide. I gues you can set a tank up without pumps as curculation divice, just use air stone, you can raise cleaner shrimp.

------------------
Minh Nguyen
Visit my reef at:
http://sites.netscape.net/austinnguyen/homepage

A

Anonymous

Yep, you can raise the babies, but it requires a lot of work and dedication to it.

------------------
E >< () !} !_! S

"So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems,... And God saw that it was good."
(Genesis 1:21)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: