skeeter1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where can a person go to purchase reef livestock and drygoods in the DFW area, preferably on the FT Worth side of the metroplex. PLEASE recommend only the ones you would use. Aquarium in Ft Worth is definately a NO GO

DEADFISH1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's Aquatic Design in Plano, 972-423-0414,
kind of far from you but there great if your on a budget, the one thing about them is that they don't list prices and you can ask 3 different people in the same day how much something is and you'll get 3 different answer, but their still cheaper.

and then there's Dallas North Aquarium, 972-492-6165,
they have a great display tank but very pricy, keep in mind that niether one of these stores share the same views as this board, you just have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

I think their is one closer to you but I can't remember the name, maybe someone else can, I think it's close to DFW Airport but not sure.

lkovar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closer to you is World Down Under, I think its in Bedford, I've heard they recently went through a change in ownership, and that the selection there is better than in the past.
HTH,
Lance

ronjon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only good things to say about WDU, however, the rock they have there now would be considered base rock IMO. go check em out though. friendly and knowledgeable staff.

hth,
rj

Rorschach

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
World Down Under
Check out Dallas North Aquarium though, they may have something you gotta have. They have a nice display tank out of place at one end of the store that has nice pieces in it.

ging

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
World Down Under is the best and I have been to all of them. They have a great staff and great stuff. Michael and Dallas are the BEST !!!!
2828 Central Drive # 450
Bedford 817-545-2050

ging
icon_smile.gif

Tim Reed

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The world down under is off 183 and Central (up Central about 4 blocks north of 183-near 121-and on the right-hand side by the gym, Petco is caddy-corner to it. There is the Fish Place on the north side of Ridgmar mall-I like Gene, she is so nice, and there is Keller Fish Farms off 820 and Denton-south about 2 miles on the right at a "house". World Down Under is really knowledgeable, kind, friendly and so on-usually talk to Jonathan. The Fish Place-first place I went very helpful, I had some problems with the owner (sorry L) but his wife Gene is Too Cool-best live rock I have seen (from Florida-but I now have cowries, cool orange sponges, bristle worms and a slaughter of Mantis shrimp to name a FEW things I got from this rock. Keller Fish Farms-kind of nasty, they got rude with me when I reached for a compact light off the top shelf
icon_mad.gif
icon_confused.gif
but the cheapest place in the metroplex. At the WDU they wont sell you something you don't need just to make a sale. I have been convinced by others I need .... and they explain why I don't and given some time I find they were usually correct.

reeferguy1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!!We are really glad all of our hard work shows.Again, I really have to tip my hat to the guys on the staff,because they are what makes the store what it is.Come check out all the new things we are changing.And our web site should be done in a week or so.Ill keep everyone posted.
Much Respect
reeferguy(Don)
The World Down Under
icon_cool.gif

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rorschach:
<STRONG>World Down Under
Check out Dallas North Aquarium though, they may have something you gotta have. They have a nice display tank out of place at one end of the store that has nice pieces in it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd just like to report a few positive things about DNA from this weekend. I went into pick up some DTs and frozen foods.

Some of the prices have come down lately--in part because I tell the manager every time I go in if something is too high. On one of their display tanks, they had drawn a diagram of the nitrogen cycle, showing the ammonia and nitrite graphs and then rising nitrates. At the point where nitrite crossed nitrate, it said "Safe for Fish." What I liked was that the graph said that the time before it was "Safe for Fish" was SIX WEEKS. Now that's being responsible.

Also, I have noticed that their fish stock seems much healthier lately. I also overheard an LFS employee telling a customer "You've already got enough fish in your tank, and you really shouldn't add any more fish to your system."

I've been going to DNA for quite some time, and I'll say that I've seen lots of improvement all the way around over the past 6 months.

And, NO, I don't work there and no one paid me to write this. It's just that over the course of the 20 minutes I was there, I witnessed two very responsible things--the chart on the display tank with a 6-week timeline and the advice from the LFS employee not to buy any fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: