Leslie

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to find any of the three foods recommended by Rob Toonen in his article this month re: gorgonians. Having some trouble. Can anyone give me a site to go to so that I may order DT's Live Phytoplankton, ESV's Spray Dried Marine Phytoplankton or BSD's Golden Pearls Clusters? I'm currently feeding Spectra Vital and Bio-Genesis Live Zooplankton Generator, as well as a general diet for all of frozen mysis shrimp, Reef Prime and frozen brine shrimp. I seem to have a what I suppose to be a decent POD population since I see them on the glass regularly.

Thanks
Leslie

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Leslie:
<strong>I've been trying to find any of the three foods recommended by Rob Toonen in his article this month re: gorgonians. Having some trouble. Can anyone give me a site to go to so that I may order DT's Live Phytoplankton, ESV's Spray Dried Marine Phytoplankton or BSD's Golden Pearls Clusters? I'm currently feeding Spectra Vital and Bio-Genesis Live Zooplankton Generator, as well as a general diet for all of frozen mysis shrimp, Reef Prime and frozen brine shrimp. I seem to have a what I suppose to be a decent POD population since I see them on the glass regularly.

Thanks
Leslie</strong><hr></blockquote>

Leslie,

I think you will find what you want at this location: http:www.brineshrimpdirect.com

Biogeek

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, Leslie - I was away at a meeting in Florida and just returned today.

Terry is right, the Golden Pearls come from Brine Shrimp Direct. I'm told that a similar product (Vibrance) can also be purchased from Ocean Riders, but I have not personally had the chance to evaluate this particular food as of yet.

ESV's product can be ordered from a number of online vendors including directly from ESV Co, Marine Depot, and Reef Fanatic. Two little Fishies has also come out with a dried phytoplankton food: Phytoplan, which I am in the process of testing right now.

DT's live marine phytoplankton cannot be bought directly from the manufacturer, but they do offer to direct you to your closest local distributor at the bottom of their FAQ, and have a number of informative articles online. The product can also be purchased from a number of online vendors including Inland Reef Aquaria, and Premium Aquatics.

As mentioned in the article, I compared the relative performance of many of these food products in feeding trials for Marine Fish and Reef USA 2002 Annual, and suggest that you take a look at that article if you want further information regarding the relative performance of these food products...

Rob

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: Biogeek ]</p>

AQUADOC

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahhhhhh. Finally, another satisfied reef aqaurist who is using the miraculous Bio-Genesis. Leslie, I posted looking for another user of this fine product and was directed towards this site. What kind of results are you having using it? You might read my posting in the general reefkeeping thread titled, Bio-Genesis.. I posted a lengthy article on it this morning. Now I remember what it was called, zooplankton generator.....Where did you buy your Bio- Genesis?
You can e-mail me if you wish.. my work e-mail is:
[email protected].
Thank you-
Aquadoc) one of the old guys of the reef world!!
:D

AQUADOC

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leslie, I found the manufacturer OF Bio-Genesis and have contacted them. I appreciate the info from your thread. Hope Bio is treating your system well. Again, thanks.
Aquadoc-

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: