• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Alex_78745

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone happen to have a picture of a ReefRotor? I did some research and found that the ReefRotor was a modified Hunter PGP sprinkler head. I purchased two of those heads and began to modify them using Snailman's Orbit instructions as a guide. I think I may have it but wanted to see if someone had some ReefRotor pics that I can use a guide.

One thing that makes me somewhat uncomfortable is that the inner spring that keeps the check valve open is metal. If you remove it then the flow will not engage the vanes that turn the gear assembly. I hope to find a nylon spring to replace the metal one. If I can't then I'll replace it with the highest quality stainless spring I can find. I wonder what they used on the original ReefRotor?

BTW, this sprinkler head comes with ten plastic nozzles that allows you to change spray patterns.

-Alex

chrisritson

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry i cant help you out but if you find a way to make it work i would be very interested in knowing how you did it.

BigB

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to make a similar circulation return!!!

I'll post here how it goes!

(90-180 degree rotation)

Demose

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
two questions wheres the website that you used for a patern and where did you get the sprinkler heads from??

thanks for your time
icon_cool.gif

Alex_78745

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BigB... which sprinkler head are you using?

Demose ==> Do a search on snailman for the plans. I'm using a Hunter PGP rotor head which is the same that was used by ReefRotor.

Everything is assembled. The head has been tested with an MJ1200 which has enough power to drive one head. Now all I need to do is plumb them all together, add a spray bar for the rock, and fire it up. This will require some major rock reaaranging so it will be at least next week before it's ready.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: