• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jgirlyluv

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in desperate need of advice or knowledge here. I just bought a LTA exactly one week ago. He never setteled in and just last night he spewed a white milky substance (zooanthellae?) which clouded my water. Now today he started developing these browish, I want to say, ruffles all over. (slowly occured near the base and side of his column) Everyone I talked to never heard of this. He is still alive, but, it looks like hes falling apart. Also I noticed what looks like his white tentacles (or something) coming out of the side of his body. I am confused but I hope anyone reading this may have an idea of what to do or what is happening. Thanks to anyone's responses!!! :cry:

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds very much like the anemone is falling apart. I doubt you can save it if that is the case (the white "tentacles" from its sides) are probably digestive filaments. Splitting anemones usually go from looking healthy, to ripping themselves in half pretty much overnight. Any way you can get pictures?

Wade

jgirlyluv

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am counting my losses as of today, my anemone has died. i had him in a bucket and i woke up and checked on him and he smelled pretty rotten. thanks for the help!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: