sslarison

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I am in the process of redesigning my 60g/ 48x15x18 and I want some advice on return pump selection. I plan on using a OM 2 way so should I go with the 1260 or the 1262? I plan on using lockline on both returns to direct flow in four different directions. My hope is to not have to use any power heads in the display.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Scott

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would go with the bigger one, you can always put a ball valve if it is too strong but i dont think it will be. i think the main concern is to make sure your overflow pipe can handle the flow.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scott,

I'm with fungia. If your overflow can take the 1262 (a 1" should), go with the larger pump. Recently, wgscott got the 1262 and said it was outpacing his 1" overflow, but a 1" overflow should handle up to about 900gph, so I think something else was causing back pressure in his sytem.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure you get a pump with the ceramic shaft, not the one with carbon. They last a whole lot longer in reef applications.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if they indicate it with the model number, but it would piss me off if I spent that much on a pump with the carbon shaft. If you look at their parts list, you'll see that the difference in price is dramatic.

If your LFS will allow you to check, you'll see that the ceramic shaft is white (or off white) and the carbon shaft is grey.

sslarison

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, So it looks like I should go with the 1262 and make sure that I get the ceramic shaft. Anyone else want to chime in?

Thanks,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: