• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, here is the deal. a guy on my nano reef board got me thinking.

I have a Coarllife ballast for 2 standard light of any length using the t12 connection. I was wondering if I replacer the t12 with pc connections it sould run two 36w pc for my refugium . Any thoughts or warnings? Ballast is electronic.

the coralife ballasts that run up to 2-48" bulbs, the 48"ers are 40watters so i wonder if it could be done?

here is some more info on it off of www.petsolutions.com description of it
Coralife Electronic Ballast Kit - Completely assembled and ready to install. Simply connect the lamps and plug in the unit. This unit uses 35% less energy than conventional magnetic ballasts. Water resistant endcaps with 9 ft. leads and 8 ft. power cord included. Comes complete with a positive on/off switch and T-12 Ballast Kit.

thanks
Lunchbucket

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lunch:

I think it would work. You would have to re wire the ballast.

BUT: Depending on your ballast, you may only be able to run ONE PC.

Try to find out who made the ballast. (Advance, Ushio, ect.) and try thier website. usually they could tell you what you want to know.

How's the knee? You still in PT?

B

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bingo thanks for the reply. only one bulb? it is a double ballast though and i was running 2 40w NO's on it.

how do i find out the manufacturer? it is a corlife brand. i might try to dig up the box if i still have it. i hope this works. that would be nice to have it run some pc's...save some $$ and maybe help me set up another system

the knee is feeling good. i am like 13weeks out of surgery so i am doing good. running, plyometrics (jumping exercises), jump rope, lifting, loaded jumps on a machine....all sorts of fun stuff. my leg is back to the same size...and has been since about week 11, which they were impressed w/! so all is well, next i get to run and cut..need to make an apt. this week to see them again.

thanks for asking
icon_biggrin.gif

later
Lunchbucket

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: