• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I've finally decided I am going to take the plunge with these hybrids. I know some people will not agree just because the are a hybrid. But they are such a beautiful fish I just can't resist trying them.

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen a flowerhorn that plays basket ball, it had a little hoop in its tank and a ping pong ball full of water (so it sank), it was quite incredible to watch, pretty clever, especially for such an ugly fish.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Why are they so expencive.
2) If they are a hybrid can they still breed?

-"Quality Breeding Pair - Eastern Maiden Combination"-

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterplanet":gs30k9tv said:
1) Why are they so expencive.
2) If they are a hybrid can they still breed?

1-novelty of the fish.

2- yes thay can breed.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen a flowerhorn that plays basket ball, it had a little hoop in its tank and a ping pong ball full of water (so it sank), it was quite incredible to watch, pretty clever, especially for such an ugly fish.

Mouse has an excellent sense of the surreal :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They rank right up there with blood parrot fish in my book, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishaholic":847h8awz said:
They rank right up there with blood parrot fish in my book, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
do you think that is what Ivy keeps telling herself. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parrotfish, flowerhorns, longfin oscars and ALL hybrids are abominations. I have no respect for the people who create them, nor the stores that sell them. There are so many beautiful cichlids, why would some idiot want to pay $300 for a hybrid? Why not buy a goddman trimaculatum or lyonsi for $7.00 and grow it up? Huh? WTF!!!!!!!!! :|

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: