editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Frank,
Tank is looking really good.....Are those a pair of flame wrasses? Love the gem tang too !!!
What is your opinion to date of using the LED/T5 combo in contrast to the metal halides? I've never used metal halides only LEDs and now LED/T5 combo. I agree with you regarding dialing back the LED's. I know you started with 4 radions and now use 6 with all the T5's. I think a greater spread resulting in more coverage is more important than greater intensity. I also think the T5's are a nice compliment to the LED's....
Frank (my name as well LOL)

Last edited:

Frank@Wall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Frank,
Tank is looking really good.....Are those a pair of flame wrasses? Love the gem tang too !!!
What is your opinion to date of using the LED/T5 combo in contrast to the metal halides? I've never used metal halides only LEDs and now LED/T5 combo. I agree with you regarding dialing back the LED's. I know you started with 4 radions and now use 6 with all the T5's. I think a greater spread resulting in more coverage is more important than greater intensity. I also think the T5's are a nice compliment to the LED's....
Frank (my name as well LOL)

Yes the flame wrasse is a herem. 1 male, 2 females. Halides are nice and its plug in and grow, nobody will take that away from halides but you dont get the pop with it. Yes you can put on some reefbrites to compliment the halides but electricity is just crazy high and also no chiller is needed.
Since I put on the T5 retrofits I do see a huge difference in color of the corals and a very nice spread no shading.
I love this set up and would recommend it to anyone. I probably can go back to 4 radions but they are already up there so why fix if it aint broke :)

Frank@Wall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Got this piece from my lfs for free so I'm gonna try to color it up. Looks like a very faded Aussie strawberry shortcake. Has polyp extension so it has a chance to be something nice.
0a6e1064caf2a566d8a1198a1393b4d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: