• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Hitsnorth

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have an Mr2 with the built in quick release, and drilled for a second injector, but the second hole is plugged off. Skimmer is about 3 years old. I will include a used Mag 24 rather than the suggested Mag 18 which makes this thing perform even better. I will also include a waste container that hooks directly into the skimmer cup. $250 takes all.

http://www.myreefcreations.com/psstandard.htm

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Rich, you're getting another beckett??? Did you ever do that needlewheel mod to the big skimmer you had in december?

Nope it's still sitting here, I sill have the DAS, got an ATI bubblemaster coming. I am getting the beckett because if all else fails, at least I know I'll have one skimmer that i like:)

reefer-nyc

One Evil Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Do you think this will do a better job on my 90 reef than my euro-reef CS-80?
Am I instigating a riot? Or, should I go with a mr-1 and mag 12 with the quick release upgrade? I am curious to know side by side which is the better skimmer. I am impressed with the ER so far...Thanks, Phil

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Rich, your wife is going to kick your a**. You are a beckett a holic.
How about the electricity?????

I've spent too much money trying to save electricity:biglaugh:

I never used an MR-1 but it should be able to suck more air than the Euroreef. I think it would work better. If you want to "upgrade" a beckett, you only need to use a larger pump.

reefer-nyc

One Evil Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Okay Rich, skip the deltec. I will buy an mr-1 with a larger pump- hmm maybe a mag 18 rather than a 12? Between the 1000w of Halide and the 1/4 hp chiller this should be an interesting conversation with my wife...Thanks, Phil

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
$1500 for an H+S, $1800 for a Deltec, $2200 for a BK and they all get their a$$ whooped by this used $400 MR-2 driven by a Pan world 200PS.
DSCN0986.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: