ChrisE

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a G, stokesii since January and it has thrived so far, producing 2 new "babies" by budding, during that time, These 2 individuals have slowly grown in size & number of polyps. It gets fed on mostly cyclopeeze but will even take whole mysis if the fish don't see it first.

This evening the parent colony suddenly produced numerous stalkless polyps, like planulae, 1/8" to 1/4" little "daisies", which rapidly dispersed in the currents. I managed to recover 25 or so.

Is this another form of asexual reproduction?

I have them isolated in a separate, perforated container with a little fine sand on the bottom (same as in the tank)

This event attracted much attention from the fish, taking them into their mouths & spitting them out & unfortunately the Maroon Clown now gives the parent colony a lot of nuzzling, preventing it opening. It had never bothered before. So that's a downer.

However, anyone any suggestions as to how best to bring up what appear to be 25 baby Gonis???

Chris

ABlundell

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would certainly take pictures as soon as you can, even video. I would personally be very interested in looking into this more with you. This is the exact type of thing I enjoy investigating and writing about. Feel free to email me at [email protected].

As for raising them, I would contact Justin Credebel and get his take soon.

Adam

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: