Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I bent up some plastic hangers into tree shapes for growing some invasive polyps onto such as GSP. I want to use it to change the diameter of the shapes to make it a little less "manufactured looking, if that makes any sense. If it works, I can place them in the sand and keep them from growing onto the rocks. I also might try drilling into some of my rocks and mounting them for Zoa's to grow on.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
like Frank I use the glue for woodwork, I've not tried it on any other materials. it will grip anything it lands on in the shop so it will probably work well for your application. I know when it gets on my clamps I have a hard time getting the glue off.

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Are plastic hangers reef safe? I had a discussion with someone that told me that they leach toxins into the water. I read up on it a bit and found others that agree. You might be better of with acrylic rods.

Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well I guess I'm going to go look for acrylic rods then, no sense taking any chances. As for using branch rock or Acro skeletons, they are either to thick (branch rock) or to closely branched (Acro skeketons). I'll take a pic later to show you my idea.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: