dowellmj

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a problem with what I will call green slime on areas of the glass and lower flow areas of the tank. This has been happening for over a month. My phosphates had increased to .25 in a mixed sps, pls tank, nitrates were undetectable but I had left some GFO too long, overfed one week. Tank is a 65 gallon and after water changes and new GFO nitrates are indectable and phosphates are 0-0.03.

After researching. Sounds like it may be a green version of cyano as it has the slime characteristics with bubbles. (Pics attached). I have been suctioning off and increased flow but it is still coming back. There has been STN on some of the sps but is that linked or was that the phosphate spike.

This is a major hassle keeping on top of this so not sure if I should keep going or try slime away or something like that.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

reefjunkie167

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Prequent water changes weekly should fix the problem i dont like dosing chemicals in my tank usualy helps me i do a 30gallon weekly water change make sure you are using ro water with 0 tds and i have also expereinced that the corals realy open when i do a water change. (Red sea salt)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reefjunkie167

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly one big mistake ucan do in reefing is constantly checking you water peramiters. By checking them they will make you go crazy you always going to think something is of and eventually u are going to end up putting something in your tank that will make it crash. I have a rule if nothinng is dying let the tank bee i have a very healthy tank for over 3 years i never check my water levels besides salinity and temperture. Trust me u will sleep better at night i know 90% of people will disagree wth me but hey! Its been working for me so far

dowellmj

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it. Typically would look at what the corals were telling me to signify a problem. This just coincided with the phosphate increase which is why I was hoping a significant initial change and getting everything back to norm would solve it. Will try weekly water changes and continuing to siphon off. No quick fixes lol

reefjunkie167

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely no quick fix this can take up to a tear to fix to be honest with you. Thats why u need to take your time with reef tanks there is no rushing

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: