• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wnlandfo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey MR!

Does anyone know how to install the Typhoon III extreme RO DI? The directions are overwhelming and not clear. I need help! Any where you can direct me to? I've been looking on YouTube and can't find a thing :( Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
what part are you having issues with?

I have the Typhoon III - 5 Stage RO/DI. It came pre-assembled. The only thing I had to do was tap into a water supply. The tapping hardwaare was provided and was very simple. I will try an get a few images together for you, to maybe make it easier.

This is the install:

Tap:

I tapped the line that feeds the our frig. I did it after the valve, in case it leaked or if I need to remove it later, I only need to replace a small piece of pipe.

Rich

Last edited:

wnlandfo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't have a check valve on my cold water pipe. So that could potentially be a big problem. Will the valve puncture a stainless steel pipe? If I do puncture the pipe and i decide to remove the fitting will it be easy to fill in the hole or would I have to buy a whole brand new pipe? I'm not a plumber or know anything about plumbing lol :)

Rborgia said:
what part are you having issues with?

I have the Typhoon III - 5 Stage RO/DI. It came pre-assembled. The only thing I had to do was tap into a water supply. The tapping hardwaare was provided and was very simple. I will try an get a few images together for you, to maybe make it easier.

This is the install:

Tap:

I tapped the line that feeds the our frig. I did it after the valve, in case it leaked or if I need to remove it later, I only need to replace a small piece of pipe.

Rich

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm not sure if the tap will puncture a stainless steel(ss) pipe, my pipes are copper, and I think (but not sure) copper is softer than ss. If you do tap it and need to remove it later, yes, you would need to either replace that section of pipe or maybe just a small section. I'm not a plumber, so I really don't know all that much about pipe, especially ss.

Sorry I can't offer all that much assistance, but someone here can, and will...

Good luck!

Rich

wnlandfo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You've been a great help. Thank you! Thanks for the pictures as well. I'm sitting here brainstorming the next move.

Rborgia said:
I'm not sure if the tap will puncture a stainless steel(ss) pipe, my pipes are copper, and I think (but not sure) copper is softer than ss. If you do tap it and need to remove it later, yes, you would need to either replace that section of pipe or maybe just a small section. I'm not a plumber, so I really don't know all that much about pipe, especially ss.

Sorry I can't offer all that much assistance, but someone here can, and will...

Good luck!

Rich

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
do not try to puncture a water main pipe...these are usually very thick pipes, not stainless steal. the puncture tool is made to puncture copper pipe, if your house is old and you do not have copper feeds to your faucets then i would think about installing a "T" somewhere to feed the RO. try to keep it close to where your waste water will go.

wnlandfo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice. So what's the difference between the black tube on the top and the opening that says "to drain" this is connected to the fast flush? Also is it normal to have water gushing from the black tubing?

Rborgia said:
The black tube in my picture is the "waste" line. I fed that into the same drain as our washing machine.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm not sure if they included this but On my RODI filter I have the faucet adapter that all I needed to do was unscrew the kitchen faucet head and put on the adapter. then when I need to make RODI is just switch the knob and it'll come out of the 1/8" water line.

vangoghfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I recently got the same one, did not do plumping, used hook up to laundary tub sink, and ran the tube to sit in the sink drain, for bad water, and simply put the tube with good rodi water into a 5 gal. bucket in the sink, nice, no plumbing, once I filled up my 44 gal trash can, simple add water every few days or so.

wnlandfo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I've skipped the plumbing part and was able to connect the in tubing from a faucet using the expertise of a man at the hardware store. So my only issue is figuring out what the black tube sticking out from the top is. Should t be connected somewhere? If it's to flush out... What's the "to drain" tube that is next to the "fast flush". That's what I'm stumped on :( Please help. Thank you guys.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I only have one single black line coming out of my unit, and that is the waste line to the drain. The diagram I received with my unit (this is 5 years old), has 4 external lines...

1. Feed Water In
2. Out To Drain Saddle
3. DI Water Out
4. Product Water Out (RO line)

#2 is my black line.

jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Someone, please help me. I won this item in the frag swap raffle. I understand it came-preinstalled, however, I am still lost about where to add tubing. First off, I don't see a faucet adapter. Also, I can 't set the rodi up in a permanent place of the house so I am going to try and hook it up to the basement sink let the waste water drain in that same sink. Someone please illuminate how it operates. I don't even know how to turn it on. I am deffinitely in need of some much appreciated help. Thanks in advance.

Justin

jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Can somebody please help me? I won the 5 stage extreme rodi in the frag swap raffle. I am attempting to install it today. However, it is apparently pre-installed. Yet, I still have to connect wires. I do not understand the direction. How do I complete the installation. I will be using a sink faucet and drainking the waste water in the same sink drain. I have never used a rodi before. Thanks.

Justin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: