bonniem

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
We just bought a bubble tip anemone.....we want to know how is the best way to feed it
thanks alot
Bonnie

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bonnie,

I would suggest you also post your message in the General Reefkeeping Discussion so that you can get feedback from Hobbyists, as well as the Advanced Aquarist authors.

Cheers
James

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to suggest that in future you research your purchases first, especially with animals such as anemones that have such a dismal record in captivity.

First step would be to search our library, http://www.reefs.org/library (do a search specific to the bubble tip as well as BTA), then search the Advanced Aquarist database. Be ready for a long set in front of the computer for that session, as that database is HUGE. In both these searches you'll find information on lighting as well as feeding, and the experiences of others.

You can start with small bits of squid, silversides, krill (I would remove the shells), shrimp, or allow some fishfood to float into its tentacles. Be prepared, once it's fed, for it to shrivel and expel slime, this is normal for many, if not most, anemones.

I will also point you to another site with pages specific to BTAs, http://www.wetwebmedia.com (there is a Google search bar at the bottom of the page, simply enter the search terms as you will here, and you'll be taken to a Google page with links within the site). The information will mostly be questions (FAQs) from others such as yourself, with answers from the crew, but I believe there are one or two articles as well.

Good luck! (And remember to get up and walk around whenever you lose feeling in your behind. ;) )

ozadars

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way to feed is probably light. You need very strong lights, this will feed him but also you can give a piece of shrimp every week

ozadars

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx seamaiden,
I found this website today has wonderful articles so i decided to add this website's forum page to my "everyday checking saltwater forums list"
I wish i will find lots of topics about fishes because i m not a coralguy, know more about fish...

Take Care
Selim

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, yes, Bob tends to make things interesting (as in a bit difficult to find).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: