• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just started a 10 gallon which I know isn't a great idea I have 2 clown fish in there the ammonia level is 1.0, nitrite .25 and nitrate is 0. I have one polyp in there but it never opened. Im sure its not dead yet but do anyone have any suggestion? please let me know

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
well if you just started it and have that in there already its not good, looks like your just starting your nitrogen cycle and thats not good for fish or coral... salt water and fresh water are 2 totaly different beasts, you cant just start a saltwater tank add sand rock and water and add fish, they will most likly die.. freshwater you can usually get away with it..

tell us a little more abt yourself and your tank..

a picture maybe, as well as how long its been running, your filtration and your lighting..

thanks

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
just started a 10 gallon which I know isn't a great idea I have 2 clown fish in there the ammonia level is 1.0, nitrite .25 and nitrate is 0. I have one polyp in there but it never opened. Im sure its not dead yet but do anyone have any suggestion? please let me know
Hope you are reading this-ammonia of 1.0 will kill the fish quite easily. If you happen to have a Prime, Amquel and such water conditioner, you need to use it to detoxify the ammonia NOW!
or
If you have someone with a stable QT tank to hold the fish for you, do it ASAP.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is my 10 gallon tank It uses a regular filter system I'm looking to make a custom 5-6 gallon sump don't know if that would be useful maybe 10 gallon. Im also using a Hydor Koralia Evolution Pumps 425.

Last edited:

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Welcome!

+1 to all comments thus far.

Take it slow. Let your tank completely cycle and paramamters get to where it should be. Then you can slowly introduce livestock and corals.

Tank does look a little dark probably because it is cloudy. Curious to know what lights you have as well.

Edge

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: