• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

srbayless

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy all,

I just heard a report on my local moring radio show (star 98.7) that the Key West Aquarium had been broken into.

Is this true?

They talked to the owner, his name is Bob. Is this Bob Goemans, the famous aquarium guy, or just another Bob?

I was curious becuase they called him and talked to him for a couple of minutes. I was really disturebed to hear that the perpetrator(s) had broken into the aquarium, and speared several large fish including groupers and taken some "lobsters".

What kind of world do we live in where public aquariums need security guards?

Scott.

Baalz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many bums that flock to Key West with dreams of Jimmy Buffet in Paradise. That they end up living on the streets when they get there.

One of them must have gotten "extremely" hungry.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, yes its true. Many fish were killed, some (valuable food fish that had actually been raised by the aquarium from fry) weren't even taken, just left dead with telltale spearhead wounds. The "Bob" being referred to is not Bob Goemans, but likely Bob Cerkleski, the curator (and all around great guy) of the Key West Aquarium.

JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think baalz is on to something. Sounds like somebody got a little too hungery. It is just too bad for the fish and lobsters.
icon_sad.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: