JoshF

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mitch,
As a Macintosh enthusiast, I can guarantee that .avi files are usable in Quicktime. I even thought with the newer versions of Quicktime that it was automatic, but I guess not. I haven't used my 5 year old Mac in over a year since I can't afford a new computer, and thus don't have the link for the proper extension right with me. I'll do some quick research.

Josh

P.S. I hope this made sense, as I just woke up from taking a nap after spending all day catching up with LAST weeks reading and lecture. Wednesday is THIS weeks!
icon_biggrin.gif

JoshF

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took a quick look at the Apple web page, and .avi is one of the supported codecs for at least the current version of Quicktime (version 5.) Did you actually try to run them? If it didn't work, try downloading Quicktime 5 from Apple, and that should do it. If not, then post in here and I'll see what I can dig up further.

Josh

Carpentersreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Josh,
Thanks. I've got Quicktime 5.0.2, and when I try to run the videos, I get a message in a Quicktime window that says "Quicktime is missing software required to perform this operation. Unfortunately, it is not available on the Quicktime server". Then the screen plays, with no picture.
So you CAN run the video on a mac? If that's the case, I'll keep trying to track down the software.

Thanks,
Mitch

JoshF

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hrmmm, I'll e-mail my buddy at Apple the .avi files and see if he can convert it to a usable format for you.

Josh

JoshF

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Mitch, it looks like the files DON'T work on a Mac.
icon_eek.gif
I guess a new version of Quicktime is being internally released, and he'll try them then. Sorry I couldn't be more help...

Josh

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: