fry1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having purchased one having trouble with the instructions, does anyone know how much media to put in the unit, the instructions say empty all the media in but there is 3lb's of it, the unit has a level indicator for the media which is about a 3rd way up the unit so is it all the media or just to the level... Please if any one knows let me know.

clk2609

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just sold my lifereef fluidized bed filter. IF i remember correctly. Put the 3lbs in the canister. there shoudl be a low and high line for media. what should happen... when you turn on the powerhead it will fill up with water and you should be able to adjust so the media is at the top fill line.

hope this helps, email back with any more questions or private message me.

zbrook1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing about this unit......if you are using a powerhead to run this unit and using the top intake with check valve watch it close.....my first one cracked around where the check valve screws in and started to leak(check valve was only screwed in finger tight)......had it about 8 months.....(thank god I only still had damsels in the tank need to cycle tank again...hard to get out and reuse old sand) called the manufacture and they sent me a brand new unit totally free......but now this one has started to crack also. just to let you know.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: