BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Hello everyone. I have a 30" tall tank and a nova extreme 8 bulb t5 unit with all ati bulbs. I was under the understanding that it shouldnt be enough par especially at the bottom but my chalices seem to be bleaching a little even at the bottom. I'm moving them to a shaded area.

Am I wrong to do so? Do chalices need to have very low light?

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
I put it on the bottom since I bought it. One I don't know the name of. Bought it at the swap. The other is a mummy eye. It started to bleach on the flattest and highest part of it.

How new are the bulbs and how high is the fixture from the tanks surface? It seems it's still too strong. It could be new carbon was added and the yellowing in the water disappeared quickly which triggered the bleaching. Some chalices that have been passed on from one hobbyist to another for several generations are the hardier ones.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
its more important to know what your alk is then any others. do you have sps if so you should be checking AT LEAST once a week. i check 2 times per week. try to put the chalices in a shady area and monitor them closely. also try feeding them

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
its more important to know what your alk is then any others. do you have sps if so you should be checking AT LEAST once a week. i check 2 times per week. try to put the chalices in a shady area and monitor them closely. also try feeding them

my sps are doing great. growing like crazy. havent checked my alk yet. been celebrating my birthday the thur to saturday and feel like crap sunday. lol

currently moved the 2 chalices that was fading into a shaded area. been trying to feed the past few weeks but the shrimps keep stealing all the food.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: