• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

Galvan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there is always something. Appreciate opinions on the pic of one of my LR, I have 90lbs of LR much of it looks good (purple) but some seem to not get color in certain areas. LR has been in the tank for 18months. I’m trying to understand the dark spots on my rock. I have circled off one area.

Attachments

• LR5A.JPG
    LR5A.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 363
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is tricky. Some don't get much coralline due to the lack of light (seem to be your case within the circle), while some spot will be bold due to too much light. I used to have very intense light, andyou can see the coralline only grow in the shadier places on the underside of the rock.

Galvan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case many underneath the rock is very dirty no purple. Should I turn the rock around or is this just the way it is. also on the back glass of my tank I have coraline growing on the glass is this something i should scrap off and keep clean.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: