• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

EnchantedSea

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The three green chromis I purchased on Sunday aren't doing so good. I lost one today. It was breathing hard and when I got back from the store today, it was dead. A second chromis is starting to breath hard as well, I suspect he will be next. The third one seems ok. These guys were obviously sick infected when I bought them. But of course at that time they looked fine. What should I do? Should I take the other two out? I've had no parasite problems til now, I don't want the other fish to be infected. I do have a uv sterilizer. I hope that will protect my flame angel and maroon clown. Help!
icon_eek.gif

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If these fish had ich when you put them in, then the ich is already in your system and it won't help to remove them. So, don't remove them to try to avoid infecting your system with ich--if that's what the problem is, then it's already too late. If you think you'd treat them for ich in a hospital tank, then remove them for that purpose. Removing them to try to spare your system from an ich infection would be meaningless.

How do you know it's ich? FWIW, green chromis ship very poorly and the death rate is really high during the distribution process. How long were these guys at the LFS before you purchased them?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: