• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I could give you an idea of how to do it, but you would need to step up the pump (to a mag 5 probably) to compensate for the extra head room. It would basically be a closed loop with an out put to the skimmer instead of the tank. It would save you room in the tank, but would be more expensive to run... (bigger pump)

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
wouldnt you have to drill the tank to remove the pump to outside?
I cant imagine a regular powerhead could suck water up a pipe once the siphon had been broken. But then what do i know?

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That set up would work, but i'd hate to go away and leave it for a few days. If you had a power failure the siphon would break and the pump would be running dry and could cause a fire.
Not likely i know but still something to think about.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just a thought, what if you extended the pipe with the Mag3 on it so it was sitting low in the tank, and disguised the pump by putting live rock in front of it?

nyumpa

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hang my remora pro off my 15g sump, i extended the tube the mag 3 sits on bottom of the sump and skimmer hangs on the side. it works better with my lifereef overflow because the wating being skimmed is comig from the surface.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Fritz, Thats all well and good, but i dont think the guy has a sump, otherwise he'd just throw the remora out and put a bubble king in there right?
I know its crazy but some people on this board are running sumpless.

nycitaliano9

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I Cant get a sump since my dad is a pain in the A%# so i wanted to just clear some space in my tank but it looks like im better off buying a new tank with a built in skimmer overflow so i can stick the pump in there and it wont look that bad.

I had the remora skimmer box but that was realy too big for my tank

Attachments

• intern7.jpg
    intern7.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: