• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ErosNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've had my nano-cube running for about 5 weeks or so... Any advice on things I should add to beautify my tank?? I'm thinking an elegance coral and a duncan colony....

What I have in my tank:
2 Clown fish
1 yellow tail blue damsel
1 Cleaner shrimp
4 blue legg hermit crabs
10 or so WC snails from local beach (doings wonders for the brown algae problem i had)
assorted corals

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 345
  • tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 341
  • tank3.jpg
    tank3.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 342
  • coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 348
  • snails.jpg
    snails.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 342
  • heh.jpg
    heh.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 340

ErosNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thank you, I'll look up some of those corals you mentioned now... I also plan on eventually taking out those clowns and placing a mated pair of true percs, but I want the tank to stabalize further before doing so. I also do water changed once a week every monday, but I only take out 1 gallon.

ErosNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the compliments. Honestly I haven't really checked the levels... I made sure the basic parameters were fine to ensure the cycling was done. I only do a 1 gallon water change every Monday morning. Everything is healthy and happy.. I supplement my water with iodide every few days and have been putting in purple up for coraline coloring but that also adds calcium.. I power feed Mysis shrimp to some of the corals and for the filter feeding corals I dump a small amount of marine snow into the tank. For the 3 back chambers it goes 1) filter floss followed by sponge 2)bio balls followed by chemi pure followed by ceramic cubes, 3) maxi-jet 900 with hydor flow.

ErosNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Purchased a saltwater reef master kit... everything came out fine except my nitrates so I removed the bio-balls, that should help along with the partial water change I'll do this monday.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I think the most important things in keeping nano are:
1)Temperature control: it's unlikely you have chiller hook up to it, so your ambient temperature and heat from light, pumps will add quickly during hot days.
2)Bio Cube is a closed system so evaporation is not too bad but still need to watch out the SG level

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to the LFS tomorrow to pick up my CUC and API salt water kit. If corals are something I'm planning in the near future, would it be smart to get the reef kit too and start checking those parameters? I have a 10G nano that's been running since last Tuesday. Parameters look good except for nitrates, there sitting around 10. Not quite as dark as 10 but I'm getting some Chemi-Pure Elite which should help with that. Ive been reading nothing but great things about this stuff. Any one running it?

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
in a small cube you need only to run, filterfloss,chemi pure elite, and I run purigen for that extra diatom cleaning power. Change the filter floss weekly ( or bi weekly depending on your bioload) and the other two change every 3-4 months

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: