Litoria

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MJ 900 is too small for any of the AquaC skimmers. I would be able to recommend a pump, but I need to know the model you have.

fish_who?

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the skimmer for a while now, works great. My Rio kept locking up, and had to clean it 2 times a week, so I switched to a MaxiJet 900. The pump seems weak. I have had it on for about 4 days, and only produced 1/4" skimate. The collection cup is set to the lowest setting too. What could be wrong?

seanperry

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which AquaC model do you have? You may want to contact the maker in San Diego (see site for contact numbers www.proteinskimmer.com). I called to get some advice on an alternative for my RIO 2500 on an EV-150 and they suggested a MAG7. They answered the phone quickly and provide an immediate answer.

reefhope

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same skimmer and lately haven't been getting much out of my RIO pump, will a MAG3 fit in the bubble baffle? Right now I have a RIO 800 which came with the skimmer and it fits snuggly in the bubble baffle. Thanks.

swreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are referring to the attachement that fits over the pump inside the tank then no, the standard cover won't fit but if you email Jason at Aqua-C, he will most likely build a new one for you. I know he has built custom pieces for other people who have swapped pumps. Do you really need it? Are there that many bubbles getting back into the tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: