• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is that powerhead I bought illicitly from the vendor in the mall. As I stated in an earlier post, there was a display of these very elaborate glass fountains, most costing 60-800$. As soon as I walked by the stand all I noticed was the tiny powerhead driving the display. I told the man: "Where did you get these? Let me see your I.D."

No, not really. I offered him $20 under the table to rip one out of an older display and he agreed. He told me not to come back with, as his boss would likely flog him for the act. Agreed.

So, it may not be freakishly small, but its half the size of a MiniJet14 and thats pretty darn small.
It will have to be taken apart and have the shaft examined to predict its longevity in saltwater. It wont be hard to make a plastic one, at least they have the housing and the magnetics in place. Its also three-speed variable with a tiny slide switch...

Brandon

Attachments

• 1tinypwrhd.jpg
    1tinypwrhd.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2,245

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I saw that black and grey azoo model in the LFS and it was more the size of the minijet. Also I didnt notice an external powersource (less heat in tank) but it may have had one.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Groovy little powerhead. Any clue at all who the manufacturer is??

PFB

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Azoo (tossed the box so I dont have model number) was purchased from a local pet store in the Reptile department. It doesn't have the PS external, but temp in my 3 gal. will not reach much over 70 deg. without a heater. Not sure what it would do in a .5 or 1 gal. pico.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Azoo is one of my very favorite brands for buying nano parts... they have a new chiller that is small and meant for 5-7 gallon nanos. No one makes a chiller that small with 1/2 inch ins/outs!!! Look at it on:

www.aquaticeco.com

They have tons of various pumps and glass/acrylic aquariums, and even a misting unit that will make white vapor clouds inside a terrarium. Dang I love this company.

Brandon

Hey John its made by JEBO, ill get on a pic of the label this weekend.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: