BettaLee

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m a Manhattanite who is new to fishkeeping and I am looking for a place to connect with other local fishkeepers. However, I’m going to have a 15g Freshwater tank, not salt (yet!). This was the only Manhattan group I could find. Is there a Manhattan/NYC Freshwater forum like this?

Also, if you all know, is Pacific Aquarium & Plant a good place to buy nano fish?

THANKS FOR HELPING!

CMD_2020

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
14   1   1
Not familiar if there is a freshwater group on here but I'm sure there is on fb. Pacific aquarium has a great selection for fish and plants but is very expensive.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I like pacific's shop over on Delancy. There are a couple of places in Chinatown that sell fish. As for a freshwater forum, there is a cichlid forum, but that's for cichlids and a monster fish forum, (heh, the opposite of nano) Freshwater is a bit too general.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that everyone on manhattanreef is also going to pretty knowledgeable about freshwater also.

Wolf DOT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I like pacific's shop over on Delancy. There are a couple of places in Chinatown that sell fish. As for a freshwater forum, there is a cichlid forum, but that's for cichlids and a monster fish forum, (heh, the opposite of nano) Freshwater is a bit too general.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that everyone on manhattanreef is also going to pretty knowledgeable about freshwater also.
I'd agree with that statement, as a majority of the people on this site migrated from fresh water

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: