Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
this is as close as I this is as close as I come to a Christmas stocking

320 dt running for a few months,,, stockpile of socks cleand and hanging dry..

First batch yay

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200317-181202_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200317-181202_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 101

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Spent almost 2 hours with a hose and got soaked, hosed until white...
Then in machine with <1/4 cup bleach
Then dipped in Prime solution
Then swung till nothing came out
And hangin now..

Pita
First time with large socks and a whole bunch.

Last system took hand cut filter pads and I just threw them out...... Cost penny's...

Gonna figure out an economic non sock sock that I can put cut filter roll into

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Just my 2 cents but the prime step is unnecessary. And the hose step too if your putting them all in the machine with bleach anyway. I just run my machine to rinse and spin twice and they come out nice and mostly white lol. And the sodium hypochlorite (the active ingredient in liquid bleach) has no longterm residual effects. When mixed with water, it changes to chlorine gas which oxidizes and becomes inert to for the reef tank. Bleach and rinse and repeat!

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I just switched to cups instead of socks. I’m putting filter floss in them to catch detritus. Actually got a big box of pillow stuffing on Amazon for 20 bucks. I’m currently running them on my Reefer 350 at work. Only thing is they clog up fast 2-3 days but the easy part is that I just pull out the old stuff throw it away and pop in a new handful. I have three 7” cups on my new tank and just started putting the floss in last night.

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Just my 2 cents but the prime step is unnecessary. And the hose step too if your putting them all in the machine with bleach anyway. I just run my machine to rinse and spin twice and they come out nice and mostly white lol. And the sodium hypochlorite (the active ingredient in liquid bleach) has no longterm residual effects. When mixed with water, it changes to chlorine gas which oxidizes and becomes inert to for the reef tank. Bleach and rinse and repeat!
Have to hose them out., really don't want too much tank scum running through my machine

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I just switched to cups instead of socks. I’m putting filter floss in them to catch detritus. Actually got a big box of pillow stuffing on Amazon for 20 bucks. I’m currently running them on my Reefer 350 at work. Only thing is they clog up fast 2-3 days but the easy part is that I just pull out the old stuff throw it away and pop in a new handful. I have three 7” cups on my new tank and just started putting the floss in last night.
Where get cups?
Was just thinking that and cutting filter sheets
If u put egg crate between layers helps last a bit longer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: