• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

tripleup05

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could somebody explain to me the differences between the orbit and satellite fixtures? I am willing to spend the extra for the orbit if it is better, but if its just a new shape, then I'll save that money. Also, both bulbs can be controlled seperately right? And can they both be put on timers, or is there one cord and two switches (if thats possible) Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know anything about the Satellite, but I've got a 24" Outer Orbit (1 x 150w DE Halide, 2 x 65 PCs, 4 LED moonlights). Does the Satellite have the moonlights? If not, that may be the major difference.

With the Orbit, all three sets of bulbs have their own power cord, and all three can be put on different timers. The halide and the PCs on the Orbit have on/off switches, but the moonlights don't (they're just always on if they're plugged in and not run on a timer).

tripleup05

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea the satellite has the moonlights. maybe the difference is that you can control all bulbs seperately on the orbit, whereas you cannot on the satellite

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the regular orbit with out the metal halides and I have to say although now I wish I had the outer orbit I am still very happy with the regular one. It also has 3 different settings and they are all on different switches and timers. It is kinda cool to sit there and watch it change and it is very nice light., but i know there pricey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: