A

Anonymous

Hello Everyone,

Quick question. My Sebae Anemone is a very healthy animial, and I believe that my TR Ocel. Clown does a great job of tending to it. However, I have not ever found the right mix of thing to feed it. It wants to eat for sure, as it will take in pieces of shrimp and squid, but seems to spit them out more often than not. Any help?

A

Anonymous

Usually when an anemone spits out food, it's an indication that it doesn't need any. You may just be feeing it too often. Since your sebae is healthy, I would also guess that it doesn't need quite as much food due to the fact that the zooanthellae are adequately providing for it.

Last, the clownfish may be 'feeding' the anemone which means you don't have to do the job quite as much.

------------------
E >< () !) !_! S

A

Anonymous

I found after many months that my sebae was getting too big and I stopped feeding it directly. Now, it's feed only by the food that is placed in the tank for the fish.
Next week is the 6th anniversary of the purchase of the sebae and it's clown as the first animals after my tank cycled. I no longer have the sebae clown. I gave the clown to the LFS because he drew blood EVERY time I put my hands in the tank for something.

------------------
ICQ#30079114
http://www.angelfire.com/ab/rayjay/index.html

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: