adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
]Hello all,

While cruising ebay looking for LED light bars for a planted tank, I came across a bunch of lights that look like they might be promising for this application. They are intended to be used on suv's, boats, etc. But the kelvin rating, lumen output, and design specs seem to line up perfectly with what I need for this planted tank. I settled on a 240w 42" light bar with 6000k cree diodes. Here are the specs for the light:
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.70196]
_942126.jpg
[I

need some help selecting a driver as I am new to diy lighting and am by no means an electrician (though my brother in law is and can help me with the wiring). Based on what I read, I believe this driver will work, but would appreciate some guidance from you guys. Here are the specs on the driver:
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
_504009.jpg
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Can someone please confirm this will work? I can get both items for around $125 so this would be a great deal for a light that should produce upwards of 17,000lm. Also, could I dim this using a pwm dimmable driver? The voltage range on the light says 10-30v so I would assume this means I can dim the light with the right driver. Thanks for your help. I haven't seen anyone else try this so im anxious to hear your thoughts![/COLOR]

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: