P

Pretender

I'm kinda new to this whole reef thing, and I was wondering if some one could answer a question of mine. I have a 14 gal hexagon tank that recently was wiped out in a very tragic (and stupid) chain of events. Anyways, I lost alot of fish and corals and am ready to start again. I want to put a scarlet cleaner shrimp in there again, but I also want to do 3-4 hermit crabs. I know that shrimps can be territorial amongst themselves, but what about with hermit crabs? Also I was thinking of red legged hermits, if anyone has any thoughts...

SaltyNewbie

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 camel shrimp with a red algae hermit crab and I have never seen them have any problems with one another. I don't know if this helps you or not ......

smoot 16

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should not have a problem adding shrimp and hermit crabs together. Cleaners, camels or peppermints get along with both blue and red leg hermit crabs. At least that seems to true for every tank i have seen.
Hope that helps

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: