• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Limpets- 1.00
Nassarius Vibex- .70

Florida Cerith- .80
Dwarf Cerith- .40
Small snails- .30

Shipping $4- unless the order gets big enough for free shipping.

PM me your order by Thursday..

This is not a group buy. I need to order some things and want to reduce shipping costs so if you want some good prices and shared shipping you can join me. This is a good deal for people with small orders. Any losses are on me. I expect to order on Friday 8/28 and it should arrive Thursday 9/4. Pickup in Brooklyn 11219 near BQE and Belt Parkway. Or pickup next day in lower Manhattan on Water street.

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
did you figure in shipping to those prices or is it what you want plus $4 for shipping
what place are you getting them from???

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
most want to know cause you can just order from here and still beat those price's even with shipping
You are missing the point. I have a 10 gallon and I only need a small number of snails. So when you (guys with big tanks) order $40 worth or more and shipping is between $10-20, depending on the source, you pay an extra 20-40% for shipping. But for me and others like me a small order means we pay about the same for shipping as the order, in otherwords double. Also there are people who don't have paypal or credit cards and this way they order through someone who has. And since I get stuck with the losses I have to charge more than what it is costing me. And the live guarantee on snails it is worthless since it still costs you shipping. So are you going to demand they replace 5 dead snails and you get it free but pay 10-20 for shipping them?
Figure out how much I can make if all goes well. Is it worth it. No. But it justs irks me to pay so much for shipping on my small order.

georgelc86

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Dude, we just want to know where our money is going, how about that? What if your ordering from a vendor that some of us may not like to do business with. So unless you let us know who your placing this order with I dont think people are going to join you. Too me it sounds like your taking a net to the the waters at Orchard Beach in the Bronx and charging $4 for gas. Maybe you should be charging $12 if you decide to take the Tri-borough Bridge or the Whitestone Br.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You are missing the point. I have a 10 gallon and I only need a small number of snails. So when you (guys with big tanks) order $40 worth or more and shipping is between $10-20, depending on the source, you pay an extra 20-40% for shipping. But for me and others like me a small order means we pay about the same for shipping as the order, in otherwords double. Also there are people who don't have paypal or credit cards and this way they order through someone who has. And since I get stuck with the losses I have to charge more than what it is costing me. And the live guarantee on snails it is worthless since it still costs you shipping. So are you going to demand they replace 5 dead snails and you get it free but pay 10-20 for shipping them?
Figure out how much I can make if all goes well. Is it worth it. No. But it justs irks me to pay so much for shipping on my small order.

This thread should be listed as a Group buy, not split shipping.
Under Group Buy policy, the GB leader is NOT permitted to make a profit on the transaction. The possibility of items arriving DOA does not change this.

Please see Group Buy rules here:
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/group-buys/43100-group-buy-rules-updated.html

Please do not repost this request without first following the instructions posted on the link to begin another Group Buy.

This thread is closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: