• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone,

I just received an e-mail from Amazon telling that Sorokin's book won't be available at all.

Does anybody know of another source for this book?

Thanks in advance.

Savaraya

A

Anonymous

Have a look at Shane's (LiquidShaneo) post on this very topic.

A

Anonymous

Here's my thead:

http://www.reefs.org/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=displayprivate&number=6&topic=000075

I ended up ordering it from Borders.com. I looked high and low for that book on the internet (I even checked the international bookstores -- couldn't even find it there) and couldn't find it for any cheaper than I could at Borders.com. Amazon was only selling the *paperback* version of Sorokin's book and they wanted $82 for it. Borders had the *hardback* for $82 so I placed my order. They were really good about getting me the EIS series w/in a couple weeks so I went w/ them again. Here's the link to Sorokin's book on Borders.com:

http://search.borders.com/fcgi-bin/db2www/search/search.d2w/Details?mediaType=Book&prodID=4508667

Coral Reef Ecology, Ecological Studies Series #102
Hardcover, 480 Pages, Edition Number 02, Springer-Verlag New York, Incorporated, December 1995
ISBN: 3540605320
Author: Sorokin, Yuri I.

I have a feeling that we're going to be waiting for a while to get this book tho...

Good luck!
smile.gif

Shane

A

Anonymous

Thank You very much!

I'll be in contact with these sources.

Best regards.

A

Anonymous

But... the book is truly in German even though the contents were listed in English? I don't read German all that well and don't want to invest in a 'picture book' at that level.
Thanks,
--Paul

A

Anonymous

This particular book is a translation from Russian to English. If not, you can always use babelfish to translate...
wink.gif

Shane

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: