A

Anonymous

I will soon be in the process of adding more live rock to my 20 gallon and would, hope- fully, like to take out the ceramic beads in my HOT Magnum. I am running into problems of lots of tiny bubbles that comes from this canister and after a scare with my xenias, would like to slowly take out the beads. This tank has been running for about 6 months and everything is thriving except my scare with the burnt xenias. I am going to start doing a partial water change once a week instead of waiting two weeks.

How much of a time frame am I looking at? There are not a lot of beads in this canister, about 15-20). I also have a pouch of carbon in there and a foam sleeve. Ideas on the process? I will add the live rock first and wait a week or two? Can I keep the canister going with just carbon (changed monthly) in it for filtration? Should I also get rid of the foam sleeve or is this a good catcher of debris?

One powerhead should be sufficient for current in this tank, I think and my protein skimmer.

Thanks.

------------------
Chevy
[email protected]

A

Anonymous

No time frame...take the frickin canister off.
wink.gif

------------------
Dan
Minotaur15 on #reefs
http://www.tcnj.edu/~maughme2/

A

Anonymous

I agree take it off. As long as the rock is cured and their is no evidence of ammonia their is little danger. The live rock will pick up the slack in a day or two if not a few hours. Just pull it.

Zerah
Lawton, OK

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: