• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
12G Nano Cube with zoos, candy cane, few ricordea mushrooms, debating whether to get sapphire protein skimmer, Don't have any water yet. New tank setup this month. Protein skimming will depleted Iodine and other trace elements that is disadvantage, this means I will have dose supplementsbut adding skimmer, my water quality will be better, so I'm not if I should get a skimmer?

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Please read the thread stuck atop this forum: "New To Reefkeeping". There's a link about 'trace elements' and the need to dose for them.

On that note, skip the skimmer and maintain weekly water changes.

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
Re

In a nano cube,there is no room for one anyway.Bought that piece of junk nano fission skimmer and it does nothing.I went with a regular 5 1/2g tank with the remora nano skimmer,dose it everyday with Kent marine nano reef part A&B.Got a clam and some zoos.Of course I had to buy a strong pc light for it.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Deltec is a lot of money for nothing more than a silver sticker. I'm not comparing one to an ASM. This comparison really doesn't work. Look into a BM or an ER with the Ehiem pump. If you are going to spend a lot, get your money's worth. Deltec is the Desert Eagle of the reef hobby. A lot of show without the go.

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
sorry just trying to get as much info into my head as possible because i just got the asm g2. i mean comparing to the seaclone 100 im guessing its going to be alot better lol.:):):)

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Although those are better skimmers, do you really think that skimmer will fit an AP's or Nano's application?

You might mean well, but since you are trying to learn as well.....it's hard to pass on good advice.
Chill & soak up the information & once you gain experience, you can pass it on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: