• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW
A

Anonymous

I'm getting my stream this week and will be setting this thing up. Fisrt question for a single unit I am planing on using the puls feature. Sounds good? Second is do any of you use the moon light? I am planning on giving it a go. Not sure how useful it will be since I will be running my tank late hours. Actinics on at 1100 of at 2300. MH on and off in that 12 hours. I like to see my tank when I get home from work.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running two moonlights (http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_lig ... sp?CartId= - I've got two of the blue ones) and I'm very happy with it. I run my lights until 11PM also. With the moonlights, I'm able to still see what's going on with the tank afterhours and not disturb anything. Also, it gives a really cool and totally different feel to the tank. I recommend it.

P.S. Why are you running your MH for so long? :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the moon light for a couple of months and wound up with a tank full of pocillapora babies.

While that may sound nice, it really isn't. And some spawning events can be disastrous to tanks.

I'd be careful with the moonlight simulation.

As for the pulse setting, it's great. There are many different settings you can do with the 7095 controller. I change mine up every now and then, just to mix things up a bit.

Great controller.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":lnwiid2o said:
I'm running two moonlights (http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_lig ... sp?CartId= - I've got two of the blue ones) and I'm very happy with it. I run my lights until 11PM also. With the moonlights, I'm able to still see what's going on with the tank afterhours and not disturb anything. Also, it gives a really cool and totally different feel to the tank. I recommend it.

P.S. Why are you running your MH for so long? :?

I'm not. I will run them for 6 hours each with a 2-3 hour overlap. I guess I worded that kid of funny. The moon light will atleast get a test run.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey":2mruwwc2 said:
I used the moon light for a couple of months and wound up with a tank full of pocillapora babies.

While that may sound nice, it really isn't. And some spawning events can be disastrous to tanks.

I'd be careful with the moonlight simulation.

As for the pulse setting, it's great. There are many different settings you can do with the 7095 controller. I change mine up every now and then, just to mix things up a bit.

Great controller.

Louey

It will be pulse for now. Wife asked me to get just one now so we can have a few extra bucks for our trip to London in Dec. Thanks for the warning on the moon light. I think I will try it anyway for a while.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: