LilBugger225

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week ago I have finally put in my new live rock into the 75 gal I'm building. I have a 20 gal reef that is being transferred into this. How long should I wait before the move? I want to do things right and not too soon. Any advice would be appreciated.

Erica
icon_cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your live rock, even if it is cured will have some die off. Let it fully cycle. If you have the patients move things over as slowly as possible to avoid spikes in your 75. I do not know what is in your 20 but if you do not allow the 75 to adjust to an increasing bio load you can creat a new cycle.

You may want to seed your new sand bed immediately with some of your old sand to help it cycle quicker.

You must be chomping at the bit. I have a 90 that my 55 will move into eventually.

LilBugger225

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i am chomping at the bit. I have already seeded my sand bed with some live sand. I have about 55 lbs of live sand and 50 lbs of aragonite. I've been checking all the paramaters religiously. I'm getting the other half of my live rock this weekend. I'm also getting some hermits and some snails, and a couple starfish to get the sand bed stirred and going. Hopefully I can get a mantis shrimp out before that. He seems to be a smart little pain in the you know what. Thanks for the reply!

Erica
icon_cool.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: