ebbandflow

...like water...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So, I bought a canister filter on ebay and it just arrived. It was supposedly used for only two weeks. Now, I've never had a saltwater setup so I dont know how much salt deposit can build up in two weeks. I was just wondering, the spray bar is completely covered with salt deposit... could this happen in two weeks of use? Also, I bought an RO unit from the same guy, also supposedly used for two weeks, and there is rust around the screws of the unit. Again, could this happen in two weeks of use?

junglebase

Will always be a Newbie..
Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
So, I bought a canister filter on ebay and it just arrived. It was supposedly used for only two weeks. Now, I've never had a saltwater setup so I dont know how much salt deposit can build up in two weeks. I was just wondering, the spray bar is completely covered with salt deposit... could this happen in two weeks of use? Also, I bought an RO unit from the same guy, also supposedly used for two weeks, and there is rust around the screws of the unit. Again, could this happen in two weeks of use?

Well you would know the condition of a two week old equipment regardless of whether it has salt creep or not... in any case, I have a feeling the two week use was exaggerated, if there are rusts around the screws.. just my 2 cents...

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
i have equpitment set up on my tank for over 3 years with no salt build up ..rust around the screwsare not a sign of a 2 week old system ,JMO

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Not 2 weeks old...2 weeks of use. Lots of eBay sellers are just cleaning out their closets. Plus, you're a plumber, better not have salt creep everywhere :grumpy:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not 2 weeks old...2 weeks of use. Lots of eBay sellers are just cleaning out their closets. Plus, you're a plumber, better not have salt creep everywhere :grumpy:

Ahh ,,the english language so srry ,

2 weeks of use not 2 weeks old ,I forget to read (RIF)

yes ,then 2 weeks of use and sitting around for a long time under a sink or some place thats humid will have rusty screws

ebbandflow

...like water...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yeah... im a college student. if i bought new i wouldnt be able to do this, and I really want to. but i know what your saying. i gotta be prepared for all the things that come along with buying used. its just, ive had a good experience with ebay most of the time in the past.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: