• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

alvintheclownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New site

Im making a website, to inform people on coral husbandry, propagation videos, photo gallery's even frags for sale.

So right now while its still in the works, i would like to know if anybody has any pictures of their tanks, corals, fish?

also would you like too list frags to sell on my sight contact me and ill tell you the deatils.

this sight is not too make all lprofit, but a sight people can go to . to learn and inform them selves.

the website is called www.reef-on.com

so any feedback , and constructive criticsm would be appreciated

Thank you mike

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The site acted a bit odd for me, but that could just be because of my using Firefox. The only thing I noticed was that, well, um, you should run spellcheck on pages before you post them ;)

utahsaltreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also had problems for me, but I am using Firefox as well. I'd say that a good amount of people will use firefox so you may want to accomodate it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flash might look cute, but it's mostly annoying and a time waster for the surfer

as soon as i had to watch the 'loading' bs, i didn't want to proceed further

a website should pop up rip roarin and ready to go, imho-those that waste my time telling me that they're loading don't get read- i have better things to do when surfing ;)

just my 0.02

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Vitz.

Too much (=any) Flash on a site is a huge turn-off..

((Here in Asia most websites insist on having a pile of cutesy, ringing kaleidescopey flash garbage. Can't stand it!))

Anyway, the site looks like a good start. Do you still want more photos?
I can send some if you do.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefox worked fine for me but I have all the necessary extensions to make it work with everything but the most bloated of frontpage sites.

You're learning and having fun Alvin. Thats the main thing right?

Keep at it and who knows, it could turn into something very rewarding for you!

alvintheclownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey thanks 4 feedback, i had to do flash unless i wanted to code it myself, but ill see what i can do , also i am still looking for pictures yes, go to the website and email me [email protected] that would be great.

And that was the real point of the website , to learn and have fun with it. that is the main thing, i didnt expect alot of good responses, but im happy i could get a few, i really appreciate it. and ill do my best to accomodate

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto.... I let it get to 20% an then closed the window. If it can't load quickly for a broadband user, your in trouble with the average modem user ;)

Christeon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Layout looks good didn't have any problems looking around it's kinda dark.

Flash gets a thumbs down but loaded fine for me, but I'm on a really fast line, I just don't like flash much. The pages popping up a window to download a doc file made me want to lock my connection and scan for viruses. The picture section opens a new window but doesn't zoom in more than the thumbnail. I didn't comment on the video before but saw it, looking down with a camera and moving is a quick way to make people sick, the rest of it was zoomed out and to dark to tell what was going on. I really hate to be critical cause I'm not perfect but if I was doing this I'd want you to be bluntly honest to me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: