• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

What are the jpgs in that folder? I have not been able to open any of the jgs on my home computer, I have to go to my friend's place to open, download and print them. So if it's the Dubinsky or Sorokin, I guess I need to go download it, if it's reading from "Aquarium Corals", I don't.

Thanks,

~Alice

A

Anonymous

The last time I looked, they were the readings from aquarium corals! Things seem to change around here. Alice you talked about snails with white dots last week. Are they harmful, I pulled four out yesterday and threw them in a fo tank? Rays

[This message has been edited by snoball (edited 10 April 2001).]

A

Anonymous

Hi Ray;

I think we were talking about the polyp eating snails, Heliacus. They have a kind of concentric "checkerboard" pattern. Generally, the "squares" in the checkerboard are light tan to dark brown. There's a good pic of them in "The Reef Aquarium" VOl 2 page 422.

Here's a link to them on reefs.org:
http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/pages/picture_pages/faq_heliacus.html

If that's not them, maybe you could provide a better description?

~Alice

A

Anonymous

Hi Alice: thanks for the link and ref. in reef aquarium. It's not the same. They are much smaller,quarter inch black with some white dots. I'II have to look at them closer...Thanks again

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: