somethings fishy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recieved my koralin 1502 today and got it all set up and come to find the seal where one of the tubes enters the chamber leaks horribly. Upon inspection I can see a visible hole. what a drag I contacted the company and they said I have to ship them back the old lid and give them a tracking number before they send me a new one. Seems like they should send me a new one and upon arrival I should send the other back IMO. Hope I dont have to go through to much hell I mean hassle to get everything together or I will definately give the name of the company as they are a sponsor of this board.
I just want things to go smoothly thats all. I spent a lot of money on the reactor and feel I should get my moneys worth. Anyways I've vented enough here thanks.

gazpep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sympathise with you. Theres nothing more frustrating than waiting for something you've carefully planned and when you finally get it you can't use it because of a workmanship problem. Then you've got to run around trying to make it good.

I hope you get it solved without too much more drama.

Speed

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to understand the problem from a retailer's point of view. A lot of people dont read instructions and break parts on the arival of new equipment and rather than admit to their mistake the claim defect. The retailer will not get credit from the manufacturer for obvious abuse and therefore has to be sure that a defect exists before he ships you the part. The other problem that occurs is that the customer has no reason to ship the defective part back once he has the new one. A lot of additudes are I'll just fix the old part and keep it for a spare, well guess what, if you dont send the old one back the supplier is out of pocket and has to raise his prices to everyone else to cover this customers theft.
Just food for thought but I always try to see the other persons point of view before I voice any negative remarks

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no reservations in informing you all that it took 3, yes 3 fraxination chambers from D&D before i got a Titan that worked. Batch production has its drawbacks.

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience when I set up my new MH lighting system. One of the bulbs had a more purple color as opposed to blue. I had bought them from Champion. However, the way it was handled was much better. They just put one in the mail with a return UPS mailer and told me that when I received the new one, to just drop the old one in the mail back to him. Now that's service.

I had done a LOT of business with Champion in setting up my new 180 gallon sytem, however, so I'm not sure if they did it this way because I'd done a lot of business with them or if they'd handle it this way for everyone.

somethings fishy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do try to understand where they are coming from but I feel as though you pay your money and are suposed to be shipped your working product if your product doesn't work that is not my fault yet I will have to suffer the inconvinience. I am tired of businesses making mistakes and consumers having to deal with fixing them, or at least dealing with the inconveniencc. If a business ships you a broken product they should deal with it I have no doubt in my mind I willl somehow get stuck paying some extra shipping charges for their flaw. doesn't seem right to me. Im sure they would not have been happy if there was something wrong with the money I gave them. they would charge me all types of insufficient fund charges or bounced check charegs for their inconvenience wheres my payoff for my BS i have to deal with. I am going to right up little fine prints on my orders saying if the product is late or deffective the company will be charged a 20% fee for me having to deal with them. I may seem a little unrealistic but im Pissed off i spent nearly 600 bucks so that i could get a complete setup and hook it up when it arrived IMO they should be 2 day mailing me a replacment product. I dont buy the statments made buy the companys saying there policies are to keep there prices low I read the fine print and there are all types of stipulations on orders if you cancel an order after it is shipped you are charged a 20% restocking fee thats over a 100 bucks on a $600 order I know it doesn't cost them that. All that fine print they have just basically makes sure that in the event of something going wrong they basically suffer no consequence and it all falls upon you. not to mention I was promised an Email today with some number i needed to ship the peice back to them with and never got it. doesn't seem as though they are to worried about me as they already have my money.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: